Monday, August 22, 2016

Soaking up Summer: NYC Day 3 + 4

On Saturday we headed to Jacob Riis Park to check out the beach. It was hot but the water was cool. The waves sucked me under enough times to send me home with a bathing suit full of sand but it was a blast.
After we got home and showered off, we ordered a pizza and salad from Williamsburg Pizza and enjoyed a quiet evening of conversation and Netflix.
After a rain shower on Sunday morning, we picked up breakfast at Gimme! Coffee. I had an almond croissant and a latte.
And then, we arrived at the Museum of Ice Cream!
The museum was a super fun use of 25 minutes. We got to eat ice cream, take selfies in front of waffle cones, eat edible balloons and swim in a 3' pool of sprinkles (which was what I was most looking forward to). The sprinkles were plastic, which was a little disappointing, but when they got in my pants - I was happy they were fake. Baby Emma enjoyed the first few minutes of the tour and then she fell asleep.
At the end of tour, there was an ice cream playground, complete with an ice cream sandwich swing and an ice cream scoop see saw. The wall next to it was the perfect backdrop for a family portrait of my wonderful friends.
After a sugar high, we headed across the street to Untitled at the Whitney Museum for a light lunch. I ordered this delicious salad of tomatoes, peaches, grilled pole beans and feta. Afterwards, we headed home and then later to the airport. A great weekend all around, hope yours was enjoyable too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, all that food looks amazing! Your trip looks really fun!

    Lena
    http://zoyaandme.com/

    ReplyDelete