Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Eating Denver

As you know from past posts during work trips, the bustle of the day leaves only food to share, unless you really want to know about standards in technology education (which I know some of you actually might, so check out ISTE). On Sunday night my Airbnb host suggested Steuben's for an amazing veggie cheeseburger and fries. He also suggested their coconut cake but I was way too stuffed to take part.
My co-worker and I walked by Denver's Union Station on our way to dinner on Monday night and hit up the Wynkoop Brewery for some Saison de Seigle (rye saison) and yummy salads (mine was an Asian Cobb, so good). 
After Day 1 of the conference's lunch experience included a scrounged granola bar from a random stranger, I made a point to make it to an actual lunch on Day 2. I went early and got an inside/outside table (my fav -- with optimal people viewing and a/c with a natural breeze) at Uncle Joe's Hong Kong Bistro. I ordered the five spiced crispy tofu and the Sichuan edamame, which were both pretty incredible, although the Sichuan snuck up on me eventually -- face on fire!
My Airbnb host also suggested Root Down for dinner, so we hit that up on night three. We each started with a Coconut Ginger Fizz and a mushroom consommé and shared the roasted baby beet salad and the spinach gnocchi. Rounding out the meal with a passion fruit caramel and a dark chocolate and smoked sea salt truffle, we left stuffed but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment