Wednesday, July 8, 2015

500th Blog Post - Kidnapped

Last weekend I kidnapped four of my girlfriends and took them on a surprise vacation to a house on Table Rock Lake. Prior to the weekend, they had been told what time they'd be picked up, dropped off, what to pack and to find childcare for their collective 11 kiddos. It had been awhile since we'd all hung out and we needed a good excuse to reconnect. This was my idea for my 500th blog post - a kidnapping instead of a contest (sorry if you were hanging around for that one!). I think it worked out well.

I bought a weekend's worth of groceries, rented a giant lake-worthy SUV, picked up all the girls (blindfolding one as a prank) and headed south three hours to the lake. I found the perfect place on Airbnb that was comfortable and right on the lake. We stopped in Springfield on the way through both times, for lunch at Aviary Cafe and Creperie (we all had the blackberry thyme mimosa - to die for!) and for coffees on the way home at Mudhouse Coffee.

During the long, holiday weekend we enjoyed hikes at the State Park, walking to see sunsets, swims off the dock, fireworks over the dam, sleeping in, board games, junk food and long conversations. The weather ended up being perfect despite a thunderstorm-a-day forecast and made it a weekend not soon forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment