Friday, November 7, 2014

Pura Vida - Day 3

Today begin with a morning run and breakfast that included coconut french toast with caramelized bananas (upper left). After that, I finally made it to the beach during low tide and finished a book (it's been so long since that's happened!). Then I spent a few more hours at the spa, I can't help myself. I wish I could capture the scent of the chilled face towels they hand out, scrumptious! I even payed homage to the boys in blue with my toenail polish - "Dating a Royal".
After a snack at the bar, I headed to my ceviche class. The chef prepared a batch that we all tried and then we stepped up, selected our fish (I had shrimp and seabass) and got to work. I went with a mango, cilantro, garlic, lemon, corn, salt medley. When we were done, they gave us a chilled bowl for our masterpieces paired with a bowl of plantain and apple chips. Sounds weird but it was excellent. I was so stuffed full of fish that I skipped my original plan for pizza.
The raw ingredients. If only I had this station (and all the pre-made sauces) laid out at home, I would make ceviche all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment