Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pura Vida - Day 1

As most of you reading this have heard, I am changing jobs -- leaving Water.org and heading to Bank of America. With this change comes a lot of fodder for reflection so I thought it would be nice to get away somewhere for the week in between. I had been to Costa Rica several years back with my friend Stef to learn how to surf and I've wanted to come back ever since. So, here I am!

I booked myself for five days at the Andaz Peninsula Papagayo Resort (my room above). Brian didn't want to be away from work this week, so it's just me -- which seems confusing for the staff here, but, yes, table for one please.
I love presents and my room came with complimentary sun hats, coconut candies, granadilla fruit and minibar full of snacks and drinks. There are also a bunch of activities planned for the week on the schedule above (I've signed up for three classes so far). I also love the indoor/outdoor rain shower.
I explored around the property after I arrived and had a little lunch. There are two pools, three beaches, a gym, spa and three restaurants. I headed to Chao Pescao for the tapas happy hour. I love how everything is open-air -- despite the sprinkling rain, you still felt the breeze. I had some salmon ceviche, fresh corn tortas with fresh salsa and guacamole with a basil mojito (complete with burning stick of cinnamon, who knew?). It was all delicious and I happily headed back to my room for some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment