Monday, September 2, 2013

Summer in the City - Day 3

Sorry for the delay, the week got going before I had time to finish.

My last day in the city was a laid-back, relaxed one. We started off with more donuts and coffee from Gimme! Coffee and headed for the subway.  We ate a quick lunch and headed for some serious shopping at Century 21, which if you haven't been, you need to check out the next time you're in the city. I've shopped there since I was a kid and I have continued to love the one-of-a-kind items that give me a little style edge back in the Midwest.

After our shopping spree (I bought three dresses and a shirt), we headed to the Newsies matinee. Although photography is for some reason against city laws, Jessica snapped this one of me trying on a newsboy cap, which I opted not to buy. The show was great, even though the plot deviated slightly from the movie of the same name. I had to control myself not to sing along to every song and was thrilled that everyone else was able to suppress their singing too.
We headed back to Brian and Jessica's apartment, where Brian had a BBQ set up for us and some friends to enjoy on the rooftop deck.
As we enjoyed dinner, we watched the sun set over Williamsburg. It was the perfect end to a great weekend. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment