Friday, July 5, 2013

The 4th in Nashville

I'm excited to be on my first official vacation since school ended. Unfortunately the first 36 hours in Nashville included nonstop rain. However, that didn't stop us from having some fun and eating our way around. A few highlights from the trip so far:

From the top: Puddles were everywhere at Riverfront Park where we saw Keb Mo (awesome) and The Band Perry (not great live); my black bean burger (with lime crema fresca) and me enjoying a strawberry ginger phosphate at The Pharmacy; Brian's reaction to me asking if he wanted to take off his shoes and wade in the puddles with me (that's his 'I don't think so' face); my first catfish po' boy with hush puppies at the Back Alley Diner (dinner on July 3rd - in case you wondered how I fit in so many meals); breakfast at The Frothy Monkey - and seriously, the nicest staff I've ever experienced anywhere.
In addition to packing in a lot of food and drinks, we also made our way to the Anthropologie Accessories store (which is one of two in the world) at the Mall at Green Hills, read in the hotel bar (we're staying at Hotel Indigo which is perfect for walking downtown), and listened to live music at The Big Bang (best dueling piano bar) and The Stage (which was so packed that we left after the first song). In all, it was a great day, even in spite of the rain. Tomorrow looks brighter and we'll be off to our next adventure. Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment