Saturday, July 27, 2013

Race Day 2

The second day of racing was another beautiful one. My Dad had another great race and passed three other cyclists during the 5K. Although he didn't place in the top eight (which is who they award prizes to), he was going 28.9mph (another personal best!). I think my dad was really happy with the experience and plans on working towards qualifying for the 2015 Games.
After the two races, my dad could relax a little more, so we headed to the Cleveland Botanical Gardens. It was a beautiful afternoon to walk around the gardens. My dad loves to garden and I think he likes to get new ideas for his own backyard. It was a medium-sized garden with some beautiful water lilies (upper left), a couple of turtles (upper right), a butterfly garden (bottom right), and other pretty flowers, like this ornamental lily (lower left).
After going to a movie, we headed to a celebratory dinner, because as you know (if you've read more than one of my blog entries) food is my favorite way to celebrate and explore cities properly. I had done a little research prior to the trip and selected DANTE for the occasion. We sat on a cute outdoor patio, had a great waitress and enjoyed an amazing meal. The restaurant is known for their 5-course meals and you can pick from traditional, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or whim (which is what I had - the chef just decides what to make when the next course is ready so it's different for everyone).
My meal consisted of: 1 - tuna tartar with a crispy potato, pea coulis, and a poached egg; 2 - lobster spring rolls with baby asparagus; 3 - diver scallops on a white bean and hummus bed; 4 - salmon on a squash puree with roasted veggies; 5 - lemon blueberry palate-cleansing sorbet; 6 - AMAZING, peanut banana cheesecake with a peanut butter sauce, chocolate covered pretzel cluster, brûléed bananas, sea salt caramels and rocky road ice cream. It was fantastic and I would highly recommend a stop on your next trip to Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment