Sunday, July 7, 2013

Nashville Weekend

We awoke to another rainy day, so we adjusted our plans accordingly. We headed to breakfast at another of Nashville's Best Coffee Shops, Ugly Mugs, which I had been to on my last trip to Nashville, two years ago. Afterwards, we saw Much Ado About Nothing at the Belcourt - I liked the theater more than the movie, but I'm not a big Shakespeare fan, so don't take my review to heart. We explored some Nashville suburbs, took a nap, and headed to dinner at Etch.

YUM! Unfortunately the lighting doesn't really do the food justice, but this place was awesome! I had the Beets & Berries salad, the Katafi Pastry (which was primarily spaghetti squash), and we shared the Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch (the goat cheese caramel glaze was to die for). Brian enjoyed a George Dickel Rye, as well.
We headed to The Printers Alley for some live blues and walked down Broadway for some good ole country music later on. The next morning, we awoke to sun and renewed vigor to stand in line for breakfast at the Pancake Pantry. It was totally worth the hour in line.

I decided on the sweet potato pancakes which were so perfect, they didn't even need syrup, and some hashbrowns that were dangerously delicious. I practically had to roll myself out the door! Brian enjoyed the blueberry pancakes with some sausage.
The afternoon was spent walking around downtown having coffee at CREMA (not my favorite but I did have my mocha iced), looking at the city from the pedestrian bridge over the river, and hat shopping at Goorin Brothers. I bought a great summer, straw fedora - I think the hatbox was just as fun to buy!
Tonight is our last night in Nashville and we're having dinner at City House, I'll share photos if it's good. Thanks for checking out our weekend and don't forget, tonight is the last chance for you to enter to win the 404th Post Blog Contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment