Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer in the City - Part 2

The next two days of my trip were devoted primarily to a work-related conference for technology and social media but I did manage to work in a little fun, surprise-surprise.

After the first day of the conference, Jessica and I met up to fulfill number eight on my Travel Bucket List. I had failed to get pre-sale tickets to The Moth SLAM, a podcast that I love (it can be downloaded for free here), so I was a little worried we'd miss it, but the venue accepted more people than could move around comfortably and we were in! The theme for the evening was "Small World" and we heard from ten story-tellers selected at random. There were several hilarious ones, a couple of serious ones, and one that I couldn't follow at all. A very enjoyable way to spend $8 if you are ever in a town that has a show.
After the show, we headed to dinner at Extra Fancy, who refers to themselves as an "upscale clam shack." The light wasn't great, and I didn't have my camera, so sorry about the oddly colored shot of my Arctic char funnel cake, which was delicious. I also had a yummy three beet salad.
The end of the conference brought us each a four-pack sampler of cupcakes from Crumbs. They were so delicious that I had to eat them all at once, which was maybe not the best idea but worth it. After the conference I headed out of the financial building we'd been in all week to enjoy the city, more on that tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment