Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Backyard Wedding

This past weekend I drove up to Minnesota for the wedding of one of my college roommates, Jason. I hadn't seen him for a few years and I thought it would be fun to join in the festivities. The wedding was lovely and the reception was cozy. The family and friends, a couple of whom I knew from school, were welcoming and we all had a great time eating, talking and dancing the night away in the bride's backyard.

Drinks and passed hors d'oeuvre hour happened in the front yard with small tents, flowers and photos of the bride and groom's family's wedding photos (parents, grandparents, etc.)
As you entered the backyard, there were flip flops in assorted sizes for guests; probably to encourage dancing, and to avoid heels sticking in the grass.
The perfect setting for a reception.
The flowers were beautiful, although I might be a little biased as they were gerbera daisies and ORANGE!
The bride and groom.
The cake. I loved how detailed this wedding was. The food was excellent, the weather was perfect (pouring rain during the ceremony - for good luck - and sunny with a breeze for the reception), and a good time was had by all. Congrats Stephanie and Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment