Thursday, April 26, 2012

Truckin'

Hi there! Sorry, it's been way too long. I keep falling asleep to possible blog post ideas, clever titles I want to include, and photos I've shot but never posted. I really hate that I have been MIA on the blog lately, although I know this is really here for me more than you, but I like that you're here too! I wanted to provide a quick update on life since my travels haven't been plentiful enough to tack in little details here and there, I know my family at least wonders what I've been up to.

So, I am thisclose to finishing my first year of grad school. It's a really weird feeling to be almost halfway there. In the tedious moments when it feels like a difficult assignment or a nine-hour day of class will never end, I look up and here I am. I have really enjoyed my classes this year and I am constantly amazed at the things we are learning, how much I am actually using, and how cool it is that I will be lifelong friends with many of my classmates. (This last point is probably the most fascinating to me with an upbringing as a military brat.) We leave on Saturday for a week of public policy adventures (i.e. class) at George Washington University and three weeks from now the school year will be over.

At the same time, I've been working full time at Water.org. I can't say enough good things about how much I love working there. I am constantly learning and discovering things about the organization, water and sanitation in the developing world, and how I fit into the whole thing. I am really excited to be there and look forward to what the future has in store. Right now I am stoked to be able to focus on work over the summer without having homework in the evenings or classes on the weekends!

In between I've been up to the usual, as you have seen a little bit of on the blog. Trying to discover new places around town, dreaming up trips (still need to plan our July vacation!), and hanging out with Brian and friends. In all it's been a pretty great year, and it's only April! Hope you are doing well and I look forward to catching up with some of you very soon!

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your visit... We're going to have to make some great blog material right here in Roch-cha cha—even with Gabe in tow. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah, maybe he can guest post! :)

      Delete
    2. Only if your readers like to read jibberish. :)

      Delete