Sunday, April 15, 2012

Recent Restaurant Roundup

So, I have been a bit grounded lately (although I will be heading out all over once school breaks for the year; more on that coming soon). However, I haven't stopped trying new things and enjoying a little of what Kansas City has to offer. Here's a little peek at three restaurants I've recently sampled and my reviews:

The Westside Local - First off, I am really not sure why we've never dined here before but we were missing out. Nestled in a neighborhood just north of the Crossroads, The Westside Local was a welcoming, chill place for a meal following our First Fridays exploring. Brian and I both went for some comfort food; I had the mac & cheese (which was excellent and even better as a left-over lunch the next day) and Brian had the grilled cheese (with Brie, Emmentaler and local white cheddar) and the tomato fennel soup. We finished off our meal with an amazing slice of chocolate ganache torte on a pretzel crust. We were stuffed after that but we'll be back!
Blue Nile Cafe - I recently had lunch with a friend at the City Market location (an Overland Park location just opened as well). I had the Veggie Sambusa and the Butternut Squash and Red Lentil soup. It was a cold day and this was the perfect remedy. The service was good and there was a lunch buffet for those who prefer a larger amount of food. The smells and the authenticity of the food were perfect.
PizzaBella - Brian had been here once before without me and he knew it would be a great place for dinner before we went to see Quixotic at the Midland on Friday night. I loved it! I had the potato pizza and Brian and I shared the giant tiramisu. However, I think the thing I liked most wasn't even related to the food. I loved that the front wall was open even though it was raining. It made me feel like we were in New York City, which is perfect to me.
What restaurants have you recently tried and loved lately? (Include the city so we can all check it out.) Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Shortly after our meal at Blue Nile I ate at Elsa's in Overland Park. Very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to check that out. Thanks Liz!

      Delete
  2. Well how about that, you went to see Quixotic. I went to college with Shane Borth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow everything pictured here looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a cold and raining day here. I will definately be making this today. Yum!

    ReplyDelete