Friday, March 23, 2012

Lobbying in D.C.

Secretary Clinton kicked off World Water Day with an inspiring speech about the importance of water and sanitation not only for individuals but also as a matter of national security as scarcity issues become more prominent here and abroad.
Getting ready to take the buses over to The Hill to lobby on behalf of Senator Paul Simon's Water for the World Act of 2011. My team had a nice day -- three meetings with Democratic Senators, two of whom were already co-sponsors of the Bill.
Although there was a lot that happened between this picture and the last, it didn't seem that professional to snap photos during meetings with Senate staffers. This view is looking back on the Senate office buildings on my way to a much deserved margarita with some colleagues. I will definitely be back for more World Water Day action in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn - I've been loving your D.C. updates! Just wanted to let you know that I'm passing along a Liebster Blog Award to you. You can check out the details here: http://www.travelingspoonblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/let-me-introduce-you.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks again. How fun, I appreciate it!

      Delete