Thursday, March 15, 2012

In the Now

Back in August, I started to chronicle the details of my life after quitting a job at a place I'd been for nine years and going back to grad school. At the time I did this for a couple of reasons:
  1. I like to look back at things and see progress over time.
  2. I assumed I would have swaths of free time and would need additional blogging activities to bide my time.
  3. I wanted to motivate myself to continue to move forward, for those days where I might have thought I had made a mistake.
  4. I wanted more tabs for people to look through on my blog. (Sad, but true.)
Anyway, I kept up with it for awhile and then the weekly updates turned into monthly updates and then the other day, realizing how neglected that section had become, I almost posted a quarterly update. It was then that I had a small revelation. There is no 'meantime' in my life. I am moving forward, exploring, learning, dancing, working, studying and generally loving life!

I'm not sure where I came up with this notion that I was somehow hitting a giant 'pause' button on things and would resurface once I got things figured out. Silly. I've been working for an organization I love for almost six months, spending time with Brian, bonding with my fellow EMBA classmates over test grades and lost "free time," and got back to practicing yoga, even if just for one glorious class per week.

I realize, with each passing day, that I am not waiting around in limbo. I am living in the present. And while I may not have all the answers or know exactly what's ahead, that's just fine with me.

2 comments: