Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Good Food, Will Travel

This past weekend, Brian and I took his parents to Justus Drugstore in Smithville, MO. It was totally worth the hour we drove north and the hour B's parents drove south to meet in the middle. In addition to the amazing food, drinks and ambiance, I think the best part was the pace. With everything being made in-house and by hand as you order it, we dined for almost four hours and it was perfect. If you are in the area or are looking for a reason to come to K.C., I think I may have found it.

I didn't eat all of this, okay I ate most of this, but very little from #3. Clockwise: 1.) A peach praline margarita; 2.) The amuse-bouche (a little fish cake with soy jelly; the photo makes it look bigger than the one bite it was); 3.) The Farmer's Platter (mostly a variety of meats but there were a few veggies I stole); 4.) The special soup of the evening - a freshwater bass ceviche with a sesame broth; 5.) Fluffed Goat Cheese Beet Carpaccio Salad; 6.) The Vegetable Risotto; 7.) The Coffee Bomb (it was so good, it is also photo #8) [Not pictured: My after-dinner drink was the Chocolate Malt, amazing!]
After the meal, we rolled back home. Let me know if you end up going, I would love to hear your reviews!

1 comment: