Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Window Shopping

As you might imagine from my lack of posts lately, I have been feeling rather grounded. As I study, I think about how nice it would be to have two consecutive weekends off. As I work, I think about how badly I want to go see the places I am spending my time working on water and sanitation access for. In between, I am dreaming of being on vacation somewhere, anywhere. In anticipation of a little, hope-I-don't-jinx-it, free time this summer, I am thinking of finally using my going-away present from my last job. I am trying to work in the following parameters:
  1. Needs to be within reasonable distance, so it doesn't take half of our week getting there.
  2. Preferably inexpensive, still have to pay tuition in the fall.
  3. New to us, of course.
  4. Have internet capabilities, just in case we could stay longer than a week and I could work remotely, this would be ideal but would cut out some places.
  5. Be able to use frequent flier miles to complete trip, harder than it seems, especially for two tickets.
That's my list for now. So far, I have looked into Vancouver, B.C., Costa Rica (although I have been but Brian hasn't), Alaska, Japan (might be a stretch on #1), London and Iceland. I love how, in addition to easily shop for clothes, toiletries and books, the internet makes it easy to shop for trip ideas too. I suggested to Brian that we do a choose-your-own-adventure trip, allowing you lovely readers to vote on options for the trip but he wasn't thrilled with the idea, what do you think? [I think he was worried we would get voted to stay on a boat or something, which I would love!] Thanks for checking in and I hope you are well!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn!
    I'm also suffering from a lack of posts - it has been so busy! All of the places on your list are also on mine. But if it were my trip, I would be leaning towards Costa Rica and Iceland. Good luck with your choice!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you know my destination suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie, I know it, it stinks to take a break! Where are you headed next?

    Alicia, I think I might have a pretty good idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn - We're headed to Dublin/Provence/Paris this summer. I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I'm jealous, can't wait to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Window shopping can indeed be a fun activity, especially when you do not have money yet to buy the product you have your eye on. But have you ever thought of turning your love for shopping into an additional form of income? =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your standards in selecting a destination is simply practical. And love the fact that you were at ease in window shopping. So did you find a lovely dress, display cabinets, or other random items?

    ReplyDelete