Monday, February 20, 2012

Warming Up Winter

In my last post I blogged about places that are nice to eat at in the winter if you're in Kansas City. Another place that I love, and mentioned back in October, is Room 39. Brian took me there on Friday night for a belated Valentines' dinner. The atmosphere and the food are comfortable and elegant, along with a lime daiquiri, the combination is perfect.

They have a four-course prix fixe option with generous portions. I had a salad, calamari, seared tuna and the chocolate lava cake. Everything was superb.
After dinner, we headed to Southmoreland on The Plaza where we spent the night. Brian's parents had given us a gift certificate to any Bed and Breakfast in Missouri (awesome gift idea here) that we hadn't had a chance to use yet. Since I didn't have class this weekend, it was the perfect time to get away for a night. The Southmoreland is lovely. The owners were very friendly, the decor was comfortably modern, the bedding was luxurious and the breakfast was delicious enough to merit its own collage.

A romantic breakfast with my Valentine.
The location was right off the Plaza, so we spent Saturday morning/afternoon walking around and enjoying the day. Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment