Monday, February 6, 2012

Fun in Freeport

Being home for a long weekend gives me about enough time to see some people I need to, rest a little and get out to see one favorite place. This trip my parents and I went up to Freeport for some fresh air and some window shopping. Freeport, the home of L.L.Bean and many good outlet stores (ie. not like the outlet malls off of highways), has also added many new restaurants and local shops that I hadn't seen. A couple of my new and old favorites were:

I hadn't heard of this bakery before, but we visited one of Wicked Whoopies cafes and had a whoopie pie, which, as you may know from my last trip to Maine, is a must. Also, you can order them online and have them delivered - maybe even for Valentine's Day if you're looking for a treat!
Tempting as it was, I did not eat the giant whoopie pie I was holding above. I went for the smaller, mint one pictured here.
This shop, sea bags, sells different styles of bags made out of recycled boat sails. The result is beautiful and durable bags ranging from yoga mat bags to laptop cases. They were out of iPad2 cases but I sent them an email to see if I could snag one.
Finally, no trip to Freeport is ever complete without a pint at Gritty McDuff's. I started out liking it because of the name, but the beer won me over. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. I so love stuff that only belongs to select regions. I have been craving a good half-moon cookie for a while, but that is not something to be found here in MO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of Sea Bags! What a unique way to carry stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenn!

    My name is Pat O'Neil and I'm a junior at Holy Cross in Worcester, MA. I heard about your blog through my mother, who is a friend of your aunt, Leslie Brown. She told me that you have worked extensively with water purification systems in developing countries, which is a truly fantastic thing. I am currently in the process of developing a WPS with a friend at school and we would love a chance to speak with you further about our project. If you could get in touch with me that would be absolutely phenomenal. My email address is pjonei13@g.holycross.edu. I'm looking forward to speaking with you soon!

    ReplyDelete