Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cozying Up

On the eve of what is rumored to be our first snowstorm of the winter, I was thinking of all the places I like to be when it's cold outside. I am hoping for a work from home day with Brian tomorrow, especially good because he'll spoil me with a really good hazelnut latte. I also love a cozy spot to eat a delicious meal. Here are a few of my favorites:

A few weeks ago we discovered Julian, a cute American bistro in Brookside. I had the seared trout on fluffy acorn squash and the chocolate ganache with stout caramel. They were both delicious but the best part of my meal was definitely my drink, Horchata Nut. If you're in the neighborhood, it's totally worth it just for one of those.
Another cozy place that I love is Pot Pie in Westport. It's great for a romantic meal (in case you are still looking for a place to celebrate Valentine's Day in the near future) and sometimes you can even catch some live music with a delicious meal. Known for it's Pot Pie (shocking, I know), they also have many other wonderful dishes on their ever changing, blackboard menu.

Although I'll admit that I like the Parkville location best, Piropos is wonderful either way. From the Argentinean food and wine to the fireplace and the live piano music, this is a great place to have a winter special occasion. Their attention to detail on everything down to the importing of Argentinean butter, leaves you feeling like you may have just left the country, which in my world is a wonderful thing. Thanks for checking in and I hope you stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment