Saturday, November 19, 2011

Whoa-no

a tiny rant:

Okay, I don't want to say I saw this coming but I've been opting out of the body-scanner screenings for a while, due to privacy and health concerns - plus I love the dirty looks I get when they have to go get someone for the full-body massage that is now the new pat-down. Now, in a recent move to protect consumers, Europe has now banned the body scanners in their airport security. This is a pretty big deal because up until now we had a unified security plan with the EU to maintain uniform safety regulations for "friendly" skies. Europe has started using a different kind of scanner that doesn't emit harmful radiation - the U.S. uses these as well, in addition to the "harmful" scanners. I wish we could all just get along and agree to play nice in the air. Flying can be enough of a hassle without the added risk of getting cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment