Monday, October 3, 2011

Inland Waterfront

Ever since moving away from the coast (Maine and California) to the Midwest, I've missed being by the water. (This may have some impact on the travel locales I visit as well.) Then I discovered a little treasure nestled into my neighboring city that let me feel a little more at home. Every time I visit the Marina Grog and Galley in Lake Lotawana I think, "why don't I come here more often?" The setting is perfect - whether for a beer and an appetizer on the deck or some fine dining inside - to enjoy the view and get away for a little while. We went there this weekend and I finally remembered to take photos to share with you.

We had the calamari and the artichoke/crab dip with our beers (which are cheap - $3-6/bottle). Also, if you go, you have to order the chocolate lava cake at the beginning so you can enjoy it at the end, so good!
Sitting underneath the umbrellas, looking at the sun set over the trees and the dock floating in the water - I'm not sure it gets much better than that. Oh yeah, it was 72 degrees too, just perfect.
I forgot my camera so the first two photos were from my phone and Brian took this one with his phone.
I saw this boat coming into the dock and switched over to my retro camera app, which I love, and snapped this final photo. Thanks for checking in. Hope your week is adventure-filled!

1 comment: