Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dine Around Town

For those of you who have read my blog for awhile, you know I love to eat out. My friend Rachel had asked, in my 300th blog post contest, for some more local, Kansas City information on the blog, so here you go!

My delicious lunch today at Hien Vuong Restaurant in the River Market reminded me that I have been meaning to share some of my favorite restaurants in Kansas City with you via the blog.
I am sad to not have photos of more of my favorite meals but here are my top five restaurants (in no particular order) right now in Kansas City:
  1. Room 39 - I love this restaurant (at least the Midtown location as I haven't been to the Leawood location yet). From it's cozy atmosphere to yummy craft cocktails to friendly staff (although the first time we dined here they were hoping by our reservation that we were related to James Beard, which we're not) to delicious, seasonal 4-course menu offerings (currently for the low price of $39!) Room 39 has never disappointed. Perfect for a special occasion too!
  2. Reiger Hotel - I mentioned this restaurant in a post back in July and at that time I hadn't tried it yet. For my birthday my former co-workers took me there for lunch. It was so good! I had the most amazing tuna melt - I know, it didn't sound that exciting to me at first either. They have great lunch prices and portions. Now I just need to get there for dinner. I love the historical setting the most but the food is a very close second.
  3. Fiesta Azteca - This place was originally recommended to me by my friend Liz and she didn't steer me wrong. Originally located in Raytown, the restaurant moved to a larger space in Lee's Summit almost a year ago, which is better for me! I love that the owners are in the space to answer questions and give recommendations, which Brian loves, but me? I always order the chile relleno, why mess with perfection?
  4. Siki - Alright, I'm sorry to have another south of the city pick but it's where I live so just come down and visit! This little sushi place is so good. From the outside, and from parts of the inside, you may not be inclined to pull over and enjoy some sushi but I promise, you can trust me. The spicy crab salad alone will have you won over and you'll be telling friends about it too.
  5. Succotash - This place originally won me over when I saw their logo, so cute! They used to be located in the River Market but have since moved to Hospital Hill. Their eclectic style of food and decor can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch or lunch. They always have something different to try and put an interesting twist on old favorites. I am also a fan of their baked goods - especially the foot tall rainbow cake, yum!
So, there you have it, round up number 1. There are many more where that came from, but this post is making me too hungry to continue. Until next time, thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to checking out the Reiger hotel and that Vietnamese place in the River Market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see a picture of the foot tall rainbow cake!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz you would love the Reiger - they even have a speakeasy in the basement that you can get a table of four for with a secret password they text to you!

    Mom, I will definitely take a photo of that cake, especially since I tell people about it all the time!

    ReplyDelete