Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Wild Florida

I'm in Miami visiting my good friend Stefanie. The first adventure on the itinerary was biking Shark Valley in the Everglades. We narrowly beat the rain and saw lots of wildlife. I couldn't capture this but dragonflies were racing us on our bikes as we tried to escape the mosquitoes.
Respecting the 15 foot rule, plus not wanting to lose a hand, I posed from a safe distance with an alligator.
After working up an appetite biking, we headed back to downtown Miami for some lunch - tiny $1-$3 sandwiches at 100 Montaditos. I had three little sandwiches - a roasted veggie, a four cheese and an almond/Nutella for dessert. Yum!

During lunch the skies opened up and monsoon-rained on everything. We headed home, hung out and rested up for our pontoon boat adventure tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you are having so much fun--you have earned it with all that studying!!! BTW-nice mean alligator look!!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to tell Chris about the alligator picture. He will be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered the same thing as I first encountered them at Shark Valley. Then I saw a person walking between them on the path coming towards me! Next, a ranger on a bike passed by, so I asked how safe it was.

    ReplyDelete