Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Saturday in New York

After our trip out to Governors Island we headed back to Brooklyn where we enjoyed the rest of our day, mostly eating and hanging out - a perfect Saturday combo for me! Check it out:
This weekly street-fair-meets-food-carts gathering was an eclectic mix of delicacies. From fried anchovies to Indonesian Cashew Brittle your taste-buds could be entertained for hours at Smorgasburg.
Since it was the first day of Oktoberfest, we headed to Radegast Hall & Biergarten for some beer, food and music.
Looking for a some good old-fashioned fun, we headed to The Gutter for some friendly competition. The Brians each won a string but Jessica and I didn't do too shabbily - I even got four strikes in one game!
Across the street from the bowling alley we found this dumpster in the park. I, of course, couldn't resist snapping a photo and sharing it with you. Only in NYC, people. Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

  1. The beer garden is great, isn't it? We went at Christmastime and they had a huge tree, all beautifully decorated. We kinda forgot we were in Brooklyn, it felt so authentic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca! Yes, it was great. I haven't been to Germany before but I definitely could close my eyes and imagine it there.

    ReplyDelete