Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Night Out In El Paso

As promised, here is the rest of Thursday's adventures...

This is the house we stayed at during our visit - the Sisters of St. Joseph House. It had a great view of the city below.
Our group graciously allowed me to indulge my inner foodie and we dined at a place downtown called Crave Kitchen & Bar. Luckily, for the second night in a row, Yelp did not disappoint. Everyone enjoyed delicious food as we sat out on the patio and enjoyed the weather. My portobello mushroom burger was probably the best I have ever had and was accompanied by a sweet and spicy cucumber salad and a ginger lemonade.
The decor at Crave was very creative. All these knives, forks and spoons hung from the ceiling by twine and the definition of the word 'crave' wrapped around the walls in a nice script-y font.
After dinner we drove to Murchison Park to see the view of the surrounding area - El Paso and mostly Juarez and the Rio Grande. Lots of people were hanging out in the park along with some food vendors. A nice activity for our last evening.

4 comments:

  1. It was, my friend Matt had chicken and waffles for the first time and everyone was oooing and ahhing over that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn- What an adventure this trip must have been. Glad you got to enjoy yourself a bit in El Paso. Love the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie, yes, it was, I think we all enjoyed ourselves while having a lot to think about. Planning my trip to STL in my mind!

    ReplyDelete