The things I liked about using a travel agent were:
- She helped us find an alternative to a cruise for our crazy schedules
- We didn't have to bother with transportation or exit tax hassles as they were both included in our package
- It was nice to have someone answer questions without a foreign phone call charge to the resort
- Discount codes!
- I really had no idea what the resort would be like - I was pleasantly surprised that it was nice, clean and on the beach - but it was still weird to have someone pick something like this for me
- I really enjoy checking on prices and figuring things out, but I didn't get to do any of that
- It was a very impulsive transaction - I am not sure how long it is supposed to take from start to finish but booking this in about 4 hours total, planning everything to paying, seemed a little crazy