Thursday, July 14, 2011

Liberian Update

I am very excited to be going to Pasadena this weekend to visit my Aunt and Uncle. I am, however, sad that I will be missing Emile's visit to Kansas City. Emile is the principal of the Lott Carey Mission school we visited in Liberia in February - hard to believe that was only five months ago! He comes to the states in the summer to visit some family and the churches who help support some of the work he is doing.


On that note, I am finally getting myself together to start having meetings about the summer camp I want to help put on there next summer. I am looking for interested people to join in on our first info meeting. Here are the details:

What:  Please join me to discuss details of the first summer camp at the Lott Carey Mission School in Brewerville, Liberia - July 2012. This will be informational and you do not have to commit to going at this time. You can also check out my initial post about the camp here. We will also discuss costs, logistics, etc. Oh yeah, and I'll have snacks and stuff.

When:  Saturday, August 20th @ 2pm

Where:  My house, I can give you directions or you could Skype in (I could probably only do that for one person though)

Who:  Teachers/Educators (preferably creative ones with mad skills in science, math, drama and sports) - please comment on this post with your email address so I can add you to the Evite

What Else: We will be constructing two teams to run educational enrichment programming for 3-18 year olds. The first two weeks will be pre-school through elementary and the second two weeks will be middle and high school. Subjects and areas of interest include math, science, sports and drama. If time allows, we will also be doing some teacher training for the teachers at the school.

Once I get some additional information on the needs of the school from Emile, I will also launch our StartSomeGood campaign. So, if you are interested in helping to support our trip financially, that will be one option for you. Thanks for considering and for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment