Wednesday, July 20, 2011

2-for-1

You know how the more you learn (or try to learn) about a subject, the less you feel you know about it in the end? Did that make any sense? For me, this means that more I explore the world of travel - reading books, magazines, blogs and websites - not to mention actually traveling - the more I realize how much there is to know in general. The past week I have been reading:


This book was lent to me by my last blog winner weekend winner, thanks Michelle! I have been thoroughly enjoying the journey which follows one man searching for the happiest place on earth. He does this by visiting and interviewing locals in some of the happiest and most depressing countries on the planet. (According to some data anyway.) I have some favorite gems to share once I am finished with it. However, before that happens, I wanted to share something else with you.

While reading the chapter on Iceland, I came across a concept that I had never looked into before and I was so excited, I wanted to share it with you! The idea is stopover flights. I realize that I may be a little late to the party with this one but it's new to me. It's simple, you buy one ticket to a place, like London, but through an airline that has you stop in another country you'd like to go to, like Iceland, and they let you stopover for a few extra days for no extra cost on your ticket. For this specific scenario, check out Iceland Air.

I have been wanting to go to Iceland and London for a little while now and this may be a great option to do both. Thanks for checking in and welcome to my new blog followers!

4 comments:

  1. Um, Can I come with you? I'd LOVE to go to both of those places! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yes, I need to find some money first and then we can go. Oh yeah, and you need to have your baby probably, then we'll go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in to Iceland, glad you like the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, The Tuttles did this on the way back from a wedding in Scotland--bad experience-very expensive-wish they ahdn't.

    ReplyDelete