Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Yin Yang

Last night Brian and I were looking through possible activities for our anniversary trip to Sedona next week. Brian was favoring the Wild West dinner show with cowboy singers and the 4 hour (12 mph) train ride. Me? I was looking at the vortex yoga (apparently Sedona is known for vortexes made not from wind or water but from spiritual energy and you can do yoga in the middle of all of it - Brian scrunched his nose at this) and the wine tasting place.

I love how that despite our obvious differences, we make it work and have a wonderful life together. I love that whenever new people meet one of us, after having known the other one of us, they initially seem a little puzzled as to how the two of us came to be together. We just got lucky I guess. Thanks for checking in!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn!
    Not sure if you've seen some of my latest posts, but 3 have been about Sedona. We absolutely love it there! It's a wonderful place. Let me know if you'd like some recommends!
    Julie

    http://myrovingi.blogspot.com/2011/06/roving-i-recap-cathedral-rock-cairns.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. opposites attract, right?

    never had heard of vortex yoga before! sounds awesome. i hope you get to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie, thanks for the tip on your post.

    Hi Danielle, definitely, I wouldn't believe the cliche was true if I hadn't witnessed it myself. I know it, vortex yoga sounds intense and worth a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn-
    We do live close! It's a ridiculously small world. Even smaller that I'll be out your way this weekend. Email me if you'd like to meet up. myrovingi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you came to be together! It was all me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mel, you know it was all Grandpa McG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh sedona love sedona would rather go there then the grand canyon it is so gorgeous. last time we were there we did the pink jeep tours and had a blast even in a bit of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was waiting for Grandpa McG to be mentioned :-) Being different keeps things interesting-

    Irene

    PS...I am not sure but I believe Henry will indeed be in advanced math next year. Still waiting on the scores. I will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Irene, I know it, since we just saw them last week the whole story had been mentioned in detail - along with Peter's request for a match-making his junior year at RIT. I loved the story about Henry's test, with Arthur thinking he had been left behind. Henry's such a smarty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I know all about Grandpa McG. Such a great story :)

    ReplyDelete