Saturday, June 25, 2011

Getting Full

Before I recap today, it wouldn't be right unless I talked a little about our dinner last night at the Elote Cafe. Brian declared, one bite into his main course, that we could just eat here all the nights we're in Sedona. It was delicious and the drink menu didn't disappoint either. Thanks again, Julie!

1.) Blood Orange Margarita (smooth and yummy) 2.) Seafood Tacos (spicy and good) 3.) Um, some long-named corn pudding w/dulche de leche and dried corn dessert (house special, interesting) 4.) Almendrado Tequlia (almond flavored, delicious)
Lucy and Snoopy - can you see them? We woke up this morning and had iced lattes and muffins at the Pink Java Cafe with a beautiful view. I think I am extra obsessed with all the red dirt and canyons because I grew up not ever seeing it until I was in high school.
For all of you out there who have been looking for a place to get your aura's picture taken, you can get it done after a delicious Korean meal. (I love odd-fellow business set ups, like get an oil change and your taxes done - it's kind of smart when you think about it, I guess.) We ate at Mago Cafe after my pedicure (so relaxing). Voted the best, and maybe only Korean restaurant, this place did not disappoint. We both had fresh squeezed lemonade and bibimbap.
We drove out to this Frank Lloyd Wright- inspired chapel - Chapel of the Holy Cross. Beautiful church and view. We even found our dream house from up there, see below:
This house even has an observatory. Amazing!
After driving around a bit, we went back for a swim in the pool and to explore the creek that runs next to the resort. We showered and got ready for our anniversary dinner, which was so pretty I want to do a whole post on it tomorrow morning. I will leave this post with some important things we learned at lunch. Thanks for checking in and have a great weekend!

True dat!

1 comment:

  1. Your dream house is such a humble abode. ;) I'm so glad you are having a splendid time. Happy early 10th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete