Saturday, June 25, 2011

Enchanting

The prickly pear margarita that I've been waiting 10 years to enjoy again (since the last time I was at the Enchantment). A wonderful way to celebrate our anniversary.
This Pin cushion protea graced our table in the lounge before dinner, along with our margaritas and some yummy cactus fries.
The view from our table at the Yavapai Restaurant.
The "amuse bouche" from the chef - a salmon mousse.
My beet salad.
My main course, a fish - similar to tuna - from Hawaii. The special of the evening so I didn't really pay attention to what it was called. Very delicious with a cauliflower mousse and melon salsa. Consumed with a nice glass of Malbec.
Our special dessert (see guitar pick-like "Happy Anniversary" chocolate). Warm flourless, chocolate cake with a raspberry basil sorbet. Yum!
All around delicious night. I also realized as I was putting this post together that while I don't cook, I love to eat and take pictures of my food, so I went back through about a year's worth of posts and tagged "food" if you like to just read about that. Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Last night Mike and I watched a movie and the song "Home to Me" (if that is even the title) was playing during one of the scenes and it reminded me of your wedding and how beautiful it was!

    Enjoy you two!

    Aunt Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That was beautiful, Beth did a great job!

    ReplyDelete