Monday, May 16, 2011

Meet Michelle

Now that the latest blog contest winner has been announced, I thought it would be appropriate to give her a nice introduction on the blog. (With the last contest, I did a small introduction, but I still had people asking to know more about him.) Before I get into the interview I just did with Michelle, I thought I would tell you how I know her.

In a nutshell:  Michelle is the daughter of my friend Kathi, who I went to Liberia with.

I don't know Michelle very well, we have hung out once socially and there were about nine other people who all went to the Plaza Art Fair together. I know where she works and that she went to college in California. I know some other things about her from her mom - like her favorite colors - but that's the majority of it. I know that Michelle is younger than me and likes to travel. She has a younger brother that I am friends with, Andrew, and he and his dad both play in our church band with me. I think it will be fun to finally get to know the last family member of the Gutierrez family!

Here is some info from her:
Sorry Michelle, I stole this from Facebook!
Occupation:  Head Production Assistant (KC Repertory Theatre) with sprinklings of substitute teaching and data entry at my dads office
Hobbies:  Zumba, Couponing, Cooking, Cycling, Reading
Interests:  KCRW "Mornings Become Eclectic" new music podcasts, quirky films (a la Michel Gondry etc.)
How long has it been since you had a vacation?:  last September I visited SoCal and hiked with friends to the Hollywood sign for my birthday
How soon should we cruise?:  Next week :)
What was your reaction when you found out you had won?:  Shock and awe, I was very much charmed by the video and music, and when the name was picked I was in shock to see my name. I paused the video to tell my mom about it! I am super excited for this adventure!
What are some of your favorite places you've visited?: Catalina Island, Hilton Head Island, Chef Chauen in Morocco
Have you been on a cruise before?:  Yes, Disney's The Big Red Boat when Andrew and I were little ( we have some great pics of us in life-vests w/ Mickey).
Anything else you would like everyone to know about you?:  I love trying new things - be it food, activities, dances, etc. I am always up for a new experience and am not timid to hunt them down.

I think we're going to have a blast, more on our adventure together soon! Thanks for checking in!

2 comments: