Saturday, May 21, 2011

Let the Games Begin

I love planning the trip as much as going on it. I started to research options for our off-season cruise by checking out this article and researching fares online. It looks like we're headed for somewhere in the Caribbean or the Bahamas if we're going this summer - which I think we will be. No need to delay the fun until it starts snowing in Alaska! I can honestly say that as a fair-skinned, Irish girl, this region has never been on my list of destinations to check out. For most of my life, I have thought of the Caribbean/Bahamas as a group of islands that get hit by hurricanes and where I would be destined to get a horrible sunburn.
Last June, when my friend Stefanie got married in Miami, Brian and I had ventured down into the Florida Keys, which I know is probably not technically Caribbean, but similar in my mind. I found myself liking it more than I thought I would and with the invention of spray-on sunscreen, it's way easier to constantly apply without greasing up my hands. The laid back, have-a-margarita-at-ten-in-the-morning vibe didn't hurt either. I think it would be fun to get to Key West on the cruise since I hadn't made it that far last June. We'll see!

On Monday I am going to meet with a travel agent to get things going. I have never used a travel agent before so I thought it would be fun to bring a little series to the blog called "Travel Agent Virgin". I have pre-warned the travel agent of my wacky idea, and I think she is game, so you'll get to hear about her too. Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

  1. love cruise critic they have a huge amount of information on there. sounds like a really fun trip. take lots of sun screen!!! excited to hear more

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have so much fun!!!!!!! I've never used a travel agent, either, so I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete