Saturday, May 28, 2011

Keepsakes

I like to keep track of my photos, mementos and currency from my trips but I lack the time and discipline to always do a proper scrapbook. My friend Kristin had given me a sweet solution for my Madagascar stuff but I still need to finish putting the mini-book together, which I will get to one of these days. In the meantime, I discovered a great product through my SXSW swag - SMASH journals - that I wanted to share with you. I have been waiting forever for the full sized ones to come out and they just came in the mail this week. (I may have gotten a little carried away and ordered two and pretty much every tiny accessory they make for them.) They have a blog and there is a great video that I wanted to post here in case you are interested in learning more:



In celebration of all things creative I am giving away the "Retro Style" journal. Just comment on this post (leave first and last name) and I will do a random drawing next Saturday. (I really like giving things away, if you can't tell!) Have a great holiday weekend! We're heading to Joplin to help out on Monday just for a short shift with the St. Louis AmeriCorps team at MO Southern State University, if you're interested check out the United Way's 2-1-1 website for positions.

9 comments:

  1. This strikes me as a modern version of the "commonplace" book, which was around from about the 16th century. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I suck at scrapbooking but am a natural at collecting stuff. This would be perfect! I was happy to stumble across this post and your blog as well!
    Julie Clark
    myrovingi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be awesome considering I cannot remember anything these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Jessica Hubbard and I NEED this... With my random ramblings of slam poetry, my excessive post its all over my home, my special outings/concert tickets i have no place for, my new baby on the way, I need a place for the ump-teen trillion 4 leaf clovers my husband has been collecting, oh a place for jokes for my new and rising career as a comedian. I would call it 'This one Time.....'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea Jenn! This is Jeanette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would get a private lesson on using this from you in GLS !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm finally entering! Another awesome giveaway by Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that sounds awesome!!! I have a few things that I would love to use this for...fun!

    ReplyDelete