Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fragile

Yesterday I drove past a fatal traffic accident on my way to see our good friends' new baby, only 8 hours old. Someone had run a red light and killed the driver of the car that had the right of way.

This week I was driving back from Wichita for 3 hours in the rain. The roads were fairly empty but a small error and I could've been sliding off the road or hit a puddle the wrong way and flipped myself over.

Every time I get on a plane I always recall my mom telling me once that the most dangerous parts of the flight are take-off and landing. I always pray extra hard during those moments.

I'm not a pessimistic person, but I have thoughts sometimes about how at any moment my time on earth could come to an end and that would be it. In the meantime, I want to try and make it count. Thanks for checking in!

3 comments:

  1. Too true. I recall driving w/you on 50 HWY and some dude cutting us off. A 180 spin resulted. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I remember that too well - one of my many brushes with death. So glad we survived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is exactly why we never put off telling others how much we care for them, not sweating the small stuff and living for today not for someday....

    ReplyDelete