Friday, May 13, 2011

A 3.5 Hour Drive

We left this morning for Omaha. While this is not the most flattering photo of me, I liked how serious Brian was while driving.

Our trip, while short by most road-tripping standards, included the following:

1.) Some funky highway art.
2.) Entertainment ~
  • Listening to Adele's '21' CD
  • 2 Planet Money Podcasts
  • 1 MOTH Stories Podcast
  • 1 This American Life Podcast
3.) One pitstop at the Stuckey's Truck Stop
4.) One fifteen minute phone call for Brian, during which I tried to be patient about having to interrupt Adele (see #2)

5.) And finally lunch in Omaha at the Crane - which was pretty delicious.
We checked into the hotel and then walked over to the United Way to visit the YVC program there - they are already full for their summer program! Our conference, Big Omaha, starts this evening. It's going to be a blast! Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

  1. There was an awesome Italian restaurant there when we were there, seriously amazing. Can't remember the name but it was in a white house....something with Olio in the name maybe? You should ask because it was really amazing, ask my mom and dad, they were with me.

    Arthur is getting psyched for American Idol tonight.....just so ya know.

    My "boss" at the Alzheimer's Assoc is a big Adele fan, seeing her in Chicago and said he would burn me a CD.

    Enjoy Omaha, I also remember some big shiny slide in the middle of downtown........

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Omaha still has the big shiny slide in it. It's in a park near the Old Market.

    I'd definitely check out the Old Market in downtown. It's very cute and has lots of good restaurants and shops and bars.

    I don't know of the Italian restaurant Irene is talking about, but there is one there called either Vincenzo's or Vivaci's (actually I think they've both moved to the Old Market) but they're both yummy!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete