Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Is Finally Here!

After many long months of winter I think the arctic has melted here in Missouri. This weekend was beautiful, although it would have been nice to just have some medium weather instead of 40 degrees all the way to 90 degrees. We didn't have any official plans for the weekend - love that - so we opted for some Kansas City fun. Last weekend I had come across a newer edition of the Day Trips from Kansas City book than the one I have at the bookstore and had leafed through it.

I noticed some new places and some old places. I was curious to see what replaced some of the attractions that I know have closed since my edition was printed. I was sad that they hadn't included one of my favorite Northland breakfast spots - Ginger Sue's (in Liberty). Maybe it will be in the next version. Since I had started thinking about going there last weekend we decided to go this weekend.
Delicious banana pancakes with peanut butter, yum!
After breakfast we headed over to Brian's brother's house to say goodbye to him and Sarah, our sister-in-law. They are moving to Dallas on Tuesday. After spending some quality time with the family we headed to Power and Light and had some lunch (ingredient), window shopped, watched a movie (AMC 6 - "Limitless") and had dinner at a new sushi place (Drunken Fish).
The rooftop patio at the Drunken Fish. A great view of downtown. Will definitely have to come back with my co-workers for a happy hour.
The White Tiger roll (their #2 seller) is amazing - it's like a whole meal, so filling. The happy hour prices are great and I love a place that has them on Saturdays too!

No comments:

Post a Comment