Sunday, April 17, 2011

Nashville Sunday

Last night a few of the HON staff and I went out to The Patterson House. It came highly recommended by one of the HON gals who said their hand-crafted cocktails were amazing. She wasn't lying. I had a El Diablo margarita that came with an amazing rectangular block of ice that ran the length of the glass. (I realize it might be a little weird to be obsessed with the type of ice used - but if you consider the thought that goes into that you can imagine the rest of the details incorporated.) The food was delicious and the conversation non-stop, just how I like it.

Josh's drink - a bacon infused whiskey beverage - came with a giant ice sphere.
This morning I met up with the two YVC AmeriCorps members and their boss for a yummy diner breakfast at Noshville. I had a New York style bagel and some fruit. We wrapped up our site visit and headed our separate ways for what turned out to be a beautiful day. Not sure where this weather was hiding yesterday but today was exactly the kind of day that I blogged about a few posts ago.


I headed off to so something Nashville-y since I had some time to kill before my flight tonight and went to the Country Music Hall of Fame. I like some country music but I had been told you didn't need to be a huge fan to enjoy it. I learned about the entire Willams' family (Hank, Hank, Jr., Hank III) on the giant second floor exhibit of the  and almost cried watching the Johnny Cash music video for "Hurt". I can't believe I haven't watched that before - so good.

I know, I'm such a girl, but this dress (worn by Carrie Underwood) was so pretty in person I couldn't help to include it, this photo doesn't do it justice but taking photos through glass is hard y'all.
One of my favorite parts of the Hall of Fame was the gift shop. Their selection of vinyl was impressive and I was excited to see The Civil Wars representing on the rack! I am going to see them in Lawrence on Friday which made this even more fun to see.
After the museum I headed off for lunch at a place that Josh, owner of the drink above, had recommended I try out. It was spicy and yummy.

I had the sweet potato tacos with pineapple salsa, served with rice and beans.
For the rest of the afternoon, I have been sitting in the Ugly Mugs coffee shop, working on things and enjoying the breeze. Thanks for checking in and hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Jenn, would you please email me at sgempeler@awardwallet.com

    ReplyDelete