Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

I am so excited to finally have the time and bandwidth to post some photos from Liberia. I thought I might start with the things I liked most about my trip. Enjoy!
I loved the overall spirit of rebuilding, progress and current politics in power. This quote captured all three.
The kids at the orphanage.
How church was a pageant of beautiful dresses and head-wraps.
How everyone made us feel welcomed.
The drama that the fistula survivors put on for us at the rehab center.
What's not to love about the ability to do this?
Being on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
Our team (L-R: Dr. John, Ashley, me, Nurse Penny, one of the social workers, Kpana, from the Fistula Project and Kathi). Also, the celebration dinner we had before this picture was taken.
Being at the beach in February!
Emile - our host for the trip. Thanks for everything!
 Okay, so that was more than a few, but there were so many things to love! I am excited at the prospect of going back and learning even more. Onto the next adventure...

4 comments:

  1. It's pretty cool to be part of an entourage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos made my night! Thank you for sharing Jenn! This is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very excited to hear more details about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool Jen. I think I have someone interested in the summer adventure back.... Cant wait to see you sunday. peace

    ReplyDelete