Thursday, January 27, 2011

Freak Out Therapy

I realized last night that I am leaving for Liberia in about two weeks and I started freaking out. I know two weeks sounds like a long time, but between then and now I will be in Colorado all next week for work, I have two baby showers to attend and wrap gifts for (yeah! for shopping online when the invite shows up), two events at church, the film festival, a hockey game and getting ready for Liberia. Yikes!

So, in typical Jenn-fashion, I am going to calm myself with lists. One of the things I have managed to accomplish so far and one of things that need to be done before I go. If I do this, even if only I read it, I think I will feel better about the possibility of progress being made by February 13th. Here goes:

Things completed so far:
  • Renewed my passport
  • Got a two-year visa for Liberia in preparation for going back again next year
  • Got new shots and a clean bill of health
  • Acquired malarial meds and a replenished personal first aid arsenol
  • Made and purchased my reading list
  • Bought giant duffel - with wheels this time
  • Picked out the clothes I am bringing
  • Ordered bug spray and sunscreen to keep me malaria-free hopefully
Yet to do:
  • Figure out how to use UV water purifier
  • Treat clothes with insecticide - I've only gotten to thinking about how I will do it
  • Pack pile in guest room into bags
  • Forward all our bills/accounts to Brian's e-mail address
  • Unsubscribe from all the e-mail junk I started getting after going through it all last year
  • Research long distance rates for my cell and local SIM card stuff (good job for Brian Beard)
  • Buy snacks - preferably as much in the way of protein so as to avoid all meat presented to me - or at least as much as I can get away with while remaining culturally sensitive and polite
  • Decide whether or not to buy solar charger or at least figure out which charging attachment to bring for when the generators are working
 Hmm, that feels like all the major things. I am surely forgetting something but I'm feeling a little better...

No comments:

Post a Comment