Sunday, December 26, 2010

Wishes Granted

As a follow up to my post about my favorite travel toys, I had some updates. I received a couple of the items on my wishlist for Christmas: the water purifier, a headlamp (on my Amazon wishlist) and the waterproof stuff sacks. I also got a surprise gift from Brian - a Kindle! I am very excited at the prospect of carrying the tiny e-book around over lugging library books everywhere but it will be a slight adjustment too - especially paying for the books. I think it will be an ideal thing for longer trips where I don't dare bring library books for fear of losing them or losing the convenience of leaving books I am done with to lighten my load. I think the best thing about all the gifts that I got is that I feel supported by my family to keep on traveling!

I have the next week off of work, as a Christmas bonus, and I have a lot of things to do to get ready for my trip to Liberia. I just started reading This Child Will Be Great which is a memoir written by Africa's first female president, and the current president of Liberia, Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. So far, it is a great combination of Liberian history and her own personal rise to power. I look forward to reading the rest of it!

1 comment: