Sunday, November 28, 2010

Snorkeling Superman Style

So day 2 got off with a bang and some breakfast and then it was down to the dock for a snorkeling adventure with Trilogy Tours. We went with a group of about 25 people and sailed into Shark Fin Cove, note in picture above the rock shaped like said shark fin.

This was my first time snorkeling and I was excited to cross off one more of my life list items. I was a little hesitant at first not knowing exactly the proper breathing coordination needed for such an activity. As soon as I got into the water with my mask, snorkel, float belt and flippers I tried breathing and got a little panicky. I took a deep, yogic breath and relaxed. From then on it was blissful. The fish, coral, reefs and even other people's flippers were an amazing underwater sight to see. The float belt let me kick around like superman with my arms out in front of me. I would've stayed in for longer than the hour or so we were in the water but the lunch bell was ringing on the boat.

On the way back we rode in the rubber boat and had a wet and bumpy ride back to the dock. I was most excited that the hyper-active French [or German or Swedish or something] children were on the other boat.
The rubber boat.
After showers we relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. Brian took a nap and I read some magazines. We had dinner at the Lanai Hotel in town - the beet Carpaccio and seafood pad thai were a great way to end the day.
BTW, finding plumeria flowers all over the ground is a perfect reason for a photo shoot, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment