Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Scan Me, Pat Me, Wand Me Down

I had a conversation with a friend this weekend about the body scanners in airports. The discussion was around pilots being concerned about the amount of radiation they were being exposed to. Hmm, I hadn't thought about that. I just know the lane in the KCI airport to avoid so I don't have to go through that - I think I mentioned in a blog post awhile back about how TSA still hasn't resolved the stored image issues (like how long and where to store your image for later use). So, then I get to work Monday and see this article about the guy who refuses a scan and doesn't want the new touchy-feely pat down, way more invasive than the old ones, and is now being fined $11,000. Have you had one of those? They are un-com-for-ta-ble. I'll leave it at that.

In other travel related news I have been working on reading this article about a guy who spends 30 days in 30 different airports with a JetBlue unlimited pass. It's taking me awhile to get through because it's a little on the long side but it's funny and I don't want to rush it.

Finally from me tonight, I am making good progress on the blog winner weekend. I have found a vegan BBQ place, I am so excited, that was my goal for this week. We'll see how it goes.

P.S. Thank you to Kristin Huntley (www.kristinhuntley.com) for my new blog header!

1 comment:

  1. You are most welcome, my lovely. Here's to hoping I don't get a "Houston, we have a problem" message from you this week. I want all your travels be Mission AWESOME! xo

    ReplyDelete