Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hello? Kansas City, are you there?

Awhile back I had posted that the blog contest winner weekend had been booked and that I was in need of some ideas for the "7 Wonders of Kansas City" adventure. I didn't hear any suggestions and I need some soon, pretty please! I think it would be fun for you, and me, to give each item a shout-out to its suggester on the blog in the recap of the weekend. They could be seasonal (like your favorite things to do this time of year in KC) or normal (like you love going to Union Station), whatever you have, I'm open. I am running out of time as it is officially three weeks from yesterday that the barely 24 hour long adventure will take place (SW's block on the last flight of the day on Friday for Rapid Rewards tickets is to blame for the shortened stay). So far I have one or two ideas of my own and could use your help with a few, or six more. Just post the ideas as a comment to this post. Thanks!

Another reason I am feeling frantic is that there are two trips that will take place before the contest winner's weekend - Houston and Lanai, HI. The first for work, the latter for play. I am stoked about both as they will be two new destinations for me. But I am really most excited that today we booked a couples massage for Lanai and they said that it will take place in a cabana over-looking the ocean...just like in all the movies. I love making my movie dreams come true.

5 comments:

  1. I don't have many ideas, and you probably thought of all the same ones as me, but no trip to KC is complete without eating BBQ. Jack Stack comes to mind, though Arthur Briant's is supposed to be the best. The Nelson-Atkins Museum is a good place to visit as well. Oh, and the Plaza, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel, we'll probably skip the BBQ unless someone knows of a vegan BBQ place, that would be an awesome find, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crown Center at Christmas time is always exciting, ice skating at the ice terrace, etc.

    If they're into history you can wander over to Indep MO and hit the sites (Presidential library, hello)

    Power and Light is always an option, too, if that's your thing.

    My thoughts on a late Sunday night - hope that helps ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heard that in addition to the toy trains exhibit, Union Station is doing a special Kansas City Holiday Memories exhibit with pictures of what the holidays were like in the past around town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, thanks everyone, keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete