Some offer language classes, cultural lessons and/or skill building. There are quite a few families looking for nannies, families looking for help on their farms, small businesses looking for help running tourism businesses and non-profits looking for volunteers. You can sort the posts by type of work, type of place looking for workers or location. I think some options would even make great vacations for Brian and I, all for the low-cost price of a plane ticket, since you don't work all day, as most of the world doesn't operate on an 8+ hour day like in the U.S.
Once you pay the fee you can look through the options posted and add your favorites to your 'Host List', send them an e-mail about when you want to come and read reviews. I may have gotten a little carried away because I already have eight hosts saved, I think I got seduced by their names:
- Volunteer in beautiful Kigali, Rwanda!
- Come and help with sailing and kayak holidays in Ireland
- A "Maison de maître" in the south of France
- Boutique hotel, near Ronda, Spain
- Farm holiday accommodation in the Piacenza countryside, Italy
- Yoga Retreat in mountains of Granada, Andalucia, Spain
- Come a volunteer at a small Eco tourism resort in Chile
- Come and help run our small eco lodge on the shores of Lake Malawi
FINALLY, get your post in now if you want to win a trip to Kansas City. Deadline is this Saturday. See 100th blog post for more info!