Friday, June 11, 2010

Quirks

Do other people have quirky travel habits like I do? I was thinking about this the other day while flying back from Miami and figured that people probably do but may not think twice about them. One of my favorite habits revolves around magazines. I love periodicals, they have always represented travel to me from as far back as I can remember. Going on trips as a kid included going to the bookstore or CVS and picking out some magazines to keep me occupied. I now have many subscriptions to magazines, remember all those left over airlines miles from a few posts ago? Anyways, my routine goes a little something like this:

1.) Read magazine, from front to back cover of course, no peeking ahead
2.) Rip address label off
3.) Strategically hide magazine behind in-flight magazine so the flight attendants or cleaning people don't notice it
4.) Secretly hope the next person feels lucky, like someone left them a gift

As a bonus for me, my bag gets lighter and makes room for anything I buy along the way (or any giant amount of conference crap I acquire if that's where I am going). I have many more travel routines and habits but we'll have time between trips to discuss those I guess. In the meantime, if you board a plane and find a "bonus" magazine in your seat-back pocket you can think of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment