So, I know I have filled you in on the living situation and a little about the village, etc. By now you are probably wondering what I was actually doing in the way of conservation and biodiversity work, so this week I will be giving you a pictorial look at the work that was done by me (and the other volunteers):
Up first, building and repairing bee houses and their roofs. We also harvested honey (without any protective clothing, not a great idea) and learned how not to find new bees for a hive. Below are also some photos of the compost pile we made, the garden bed we made for flowers to be planted near the hives and the result of a day of weeding.