Thursday, April 29, 2010

Getting There

So, as you know from my mobile posts, I am currently waiting for a 12 hour delay to be over for my flight to the capital city in Madagascar. Apparently that is fairly normal here. With the government in shambles, there aren't really rules that the airlines have to go by. I will hopefully get in at midnight and stay the night and fly to JoBurg, South Africa tomorrow and then onto Paris, Chicago and finally KC!

I won't get into all the particulars now, but I will say that this was a wild time. I hadn't really expected things to be the way they were. I was fairly prepared equipment-wise but my tent started leaking after the first day of rain, only made worse by the nine more days of rain that happened over the rest of the time. Leaky! I should have  followed the directions to bring a tent repair kit, tents really aren't made for these conditions out here for sure.

Man, I can't even think to start telling you things now, but look forward to posting stories and photos. I hope you all have been well this past month and I look forward to catching up with all of you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Travel safely! We can't wait to see you. I bet that first shower and night on a real bed were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Glad to hear you're well! Get home safe and sound. I've been thinking about you a lot this past month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the rest of the travel goes safely and smoothly!

    Irene

    ReplyDelete