Wednesday, March 10, 2010

J’ai oublié.

To say it's been awhile since I properly used my French is a bit of an understatement. I had a few phrases come to my mind when we were struggling to communicate with people in Argentina a couple of years ago. Granted they of course spoke Spanish (where we spoke none) but French was probably still closer than English and I could recall how to get through some situations if only they spoke French.

I won't really need a lot of my French in Madagascar since I will only be in the capital city for a couple of days but I know a lot more of that language than Malagasy so I figured I would start where I could. My mom and dad gave me an English-Malagasy dictionary for Christmas and I have yet to crack the spine. I know that I really should learn a couple of things before I go. So, I will start on a couple things tonight. My plan is to repeat a few words and phrases over and over to myself while going through the packing pile and weeding through what I have in there and figure out what is missing.

I am also going to figure out which of our two sleeping bags is lighter and add that to the "necessities" pile for the first weigh in tonight. I really need to get going on this, so that's my goal for tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment